• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire Size Question

Firecloud

I do know you will not be able to stuff the 33" tires up in the wheel wheels on very rough terrain. They get stuck up in there and hit the inner fenders with the stock suspension. These are the stock 31" and I never had them hit.
That's good to know! Especially because I will be plowing mountainous dirt roads which with a plow will most likely simulate very rough terrain at times. Especially with chains on.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's good to know! Especially because I will be plowing mountainous dirt roads which with a plow will most likely simulate very rough terrain at times. Especially with chains on.
I doubt while pushing a snow plow you will ever twist your M1009 suspension as much as cucvrus did in Rausch Creek . You won't have the clearance with a plow frame mounted.

I have had to hand shovel out my plow trucks many a times because of just minor "miscalculations" of terrain under the snow.

In my humble opinion - go with the 33s for plowing. It gets you 1" higher off the ground and more rubber hitting the road for snow traction.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks