• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire & Wheel Knowledge

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Will any of the following fit safely on a 939 series truck? 16.00R20? 395/85R20 w/wheels? 365/85R20 w/wheels?
Hopefully these questions don't violate our rules.
Thanks,
Larry
The tires will all work just fine on any budd combat wheel that is 20x10". 1600R20s will rub in the front with standard combat wheels when turning. Some folks use HEMTT combat wheels to fix this. Some folks also raise the bed a few inches to prevent contact when offroad.

The wheels depend on what type they are. M939s require wheels with a double taper so on the rear axles the wheels are turned facing in. Some LMTV type combat wheels that are available are only tapered on one side.

Last edited by a moderator:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
"Will any of the following fit safely on a 939 series truck? 16.00R20? 395/85R20 w/wheels? 365/85R20 w/wheels? "

Search on/in SS with the search function and in google.
At 400 to 500 bucks each me thinks you need to search and search a lot.
Think of all the search strings you can and use them.
If you are really going to do business and buy wheels/tires then start a conversation with
Wes, simp5782

goofy me, as I was writing this WES had already replied to you. See what I mean?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks