• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire/wheel Question

Bandit02

Can the 2 piece combat wheel for the 5 ton seat properly a 14.5R20 Michelin? Thinking about running these for my steers and keeping the duals. If so I can get these local but wanted to make sure they'll work together as I've read here about alot of tire/wheel combos that aren't proper for each other.

Monkeyboyarmy

Whether you decide that they will work with the wheels or not, be very cautious of the condition of the 14.5's. I would suggest newer date coded tires with no weather checking.

Bandit02

Whoops! Maybe I sounded wrong there I'm not putting those tires on the current split rim wheels I have on now for the 11.00x20's. I don't know what the new 5 ton 2 piece bolt together wheels are called. I was hoping to put those on the 14.5's but if I can't then I think I'm in trouble lol. I read last night on here I can't mount the 365/80R20's on those new wheels either.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MPT tires - including the 365/80R20s - just don't fit on ANY type 5-ton wheels.

Best if you could find two M35A3 wheels (20x11", MPT) and have them re-centered.

G.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I mean replacing the stock center discs with new center plates machined to the correct (10-on-11.25")pattern; bolted and/or welded in place.

G.

Bandit02

I called them. They can make me (2) 13" wide budd wheels that have -10 offset that'll rock the Bridgestone L315 tires i want in 425/65R22.5. All for cheaper then the buying military setup. Thanks so much.

Andrmorr

Can the 2 piece combat wheel for the 5 ton seat properly a 14.5R20 Michelin? Thinking about running these for my steers and keeping the duals. If so I can get these local but wanted to make sure they'll work together as I've read here about alot of tire/wheel combos that aren't proper for each other.
Be careful mismatching tire sizes front to back...if they are different diameters (height) it will tear up your drivetrain if you lock in the front axle the same as if you put different gears in the front...