• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tired of the MEP-016c Pull Cord

Timberwolf22

So I have two MEP-016c's and they can be a bit "difficult" to start at times.... pull string gets the better of me sometimes. I keep looking at that 2-Pin Slave starter receptacle on the side of the generator and saying once I get my truck I can just start the generator with that.

Actively working on getting the truck right now but that takes time and I also think there will be times when the truck and generators will not be in same location.

So I thought buy the slave cable - I will need it regardless, then buy an extra slave receptacle and attach it to my portable battery box and I should be able to replicate the "truck" in the scenario.

Am I missing anything ....

Todd

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should be a 24V system. Get a couple of 12 batts and pipe them in as start batts. You will just need to charge them every so often.

derf

Sometimes you can start small gens with 12V fed to the slave recep.
Try at your own risk, though.

jbk

is it equipped with a starter? i had to add the starter and slave set up on mine. if your gen. doesnt start with a couple of pulls you have somthing wrong. i was having similar starting problems starting i would get intermident firing. ended up changing all the electronic ignition parts it now starts on second or third pull. theirs also the issues with the carbs. on these things. i use 100% gasoline no ethonal.

Attachments

derf

Jim, I still have that flywheel for you. LMK if you come to BR and I can meet you or leave it out for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks