• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tires have carc on them

Jones

I've used a cup style wire brush on an electric drill or 4" angle grinder with pretty good results. Lightly done will keep scuffing the sidewall to a minimum. Or a hand-held wire bruch with 50/50 dish washing liquid and water mixture. It ain't fast but it will cut it.
TIP: A 50/50 mixture of water and dish washing liquid painted onto the tires with a brush, allow to dry then paint to your heart's content. Paint won't stick to the soap coating; so when the paint has dried, you can just wash off the overspray.

acetomatoco

Without overspray it will not look real. I have a M116A2 trailer with genuine hand painted green side walls.. done very professionally by Soldier #1... sorta like wide whites on the old Caddies.

sak00

Paint on my tires was old. Couldn't find anything to take it off. So as I was painting the truck, I painted the tires with flat black. It covered up the green and made the tires look new. Been on there for 4 months so far and no peeling. Just make sure you clean the tire really good with a good degreaser first.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've heard that a tire will rot alot faster with paint on them because the rubber can't breathe. That being the case I would say you're only compounding the problem by painting the sidewall black. Mine have overspray on them so I'm going to swap the outer ones with the inner ones so the overspray will be unseen on the inside.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks