• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TIRES

ironhorsethegeneral

:?: Does anyone know where we can get some 11:00 x 20 tires for the M35 at a very low cost? Money is short but we are in need of tires. As you can see we live in Georgia. Any help would be appreciated.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No worries Jeff, as long as we disseminate the info. Rather have two responses with the same info rather than none!

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Kenny,

I agree. It's better to have two right answers than two wrong ones, yea?

I see you changed your avatar picture again. I know its been said before, but that is a cool truck.

Please don't take any offense, I just thought I would throw a friendly little joke in here. If you need another avatar picture, I found the one below in one of my son's books. :) Just kidding.

Jeff

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's the yellow isn't it? I'll try to be brief on how I feel about the wrecker. I wanted it bad and did what I had to to buy it. When I got there I had that buyers remorse going on. I was looking for excuses not to buy it. I don't know what I expected from a 52 year old truck but at first I was a little dissapointed. I really had to talk myself into it. The fact of the matter is it has the best looking deuce crane I've ever seen. Mind you its 52 years old and not perfect, but the best I've seen. The fact that the VIN on the frame matches the title and the original data plate fascinate me. Today I was cleaning up the data plate from the brake lock and its in just excellent shape for 52 years old. This might just be the best deuce project I've ever had. Seems that everywhere I turn I see another reason say "I did Good". I love this truck and it doesn't even run. Can you imaging how I'll feel when I can drive it to the grocery store or pick up a Jeep and sit it on a trailer? Whew!

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny,

I think most would agree that you did "good"! I had a chance to buy a duece wrecker a year or two ago for $2500 (probably only about 15 miles away-almost right in my backyard!) Don't remember if it was the M108, or the M60. All I can remember is that it was painted some ugly maroon color that had faded to purple, and I just couldn't see the potential underneath. I talked myself out of it. Wish I had a "do over" on that one.

Please keep the pictures and updates coming. They are enjoyable to see.

Jeff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks