• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

titling help

Dave87

Ok I'm new to the MV world. I would like to purchase a m38a1 from a Guy and he say he doesn't have a title so he's going to write a bill of sale. So I made a call to the SOS and they said they wont title it. Does anyone have any input?
I live in Michigan.

Oilleaker1

In my state of SD, they have changed. You have to sign a personal release form and they do a nationwide search. If they find a past title or previous owner, you have to send certified letters to him asking him to get a duplicate title. They won't give you his personal info. like address or phone # either. If you get no joy and prove it, then and only then they let you fill out a afidavid applying for a title with a recent bill of sale. Then it's up to the state to decide if they still want to at all. NOT GOOD!aua

wrecker

Many states are more agreeable to a bill of sale for older vehicles, especially in the south. They were not required to be titled until the 70s or something here so there is no issue with a bill of sale. That may have changed by now but research a couple states and find a friend to be an intermediate. Big hassle but better than having a completely undrivable vehicle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks