• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM 9-8617 Garwood winches

mangus580

Does anyone have this TM? I would prefer PDF form. But, I could scan it if someone were willing to loan me a copy. It seems rather elusive, and expensive to buy when it is found!

Thanks

Mike,
I found a TM on Winch Operation.
Not sure if that is what you are looking for or if this will help. If you go to this page:
http://www.tpub.com/content/trucks2.5ton/TM-9-2320-209-10-1/

You will find these topics below about 1/4 of way down the page. Each link is a page that you can copy. Only one at a time though. If you want, I can vacumn it from the site and turn it into a PDF for download here.

Operation Of Front Winch
Unwinding The Winch Line
Unwinding The Winch Line - Cont
Lowering Load Or Unwinding Slack Cable
Lowering Load Or Unwinding Slack Cable - Cont
Winding The Winch Line On The Drum
Winding The Winch Line On The Drum - Cont
Winding The Winch Line On The Drum - Cont
Locking The Front Winch For Travel
Locking The Front Winch For Travel - Cont

mangus580

Gary, if you look in the 'shear pin' thread, you will see the reference to this TM. I think its on adjusting and repairing the deuce winch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks