• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM wanted for 3895-01-383-6488 Plate compactor

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I will upload is in a few. look in the TM upload or in Aux equipment.
It will be in the upload section briefly, then it will get moved into the Miscellaneous TM Section

Guyfang

Staff member
I can not guess how many hundreds of hours I have stood behind this monster, or one like it. If you build a house, or work in construction here in Germany, this beast and you have had a round of dancing. You are compleatly numb, can not focus on anything, cant hear anything but this monster roaring away. I normally took off my glasses, because they bounced up and down so much that you can not see anything, anyway. It is soooooo easy to go to sleep when trying to control this thing. And losing control of it makes for a bad day!!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When i was still in school i had a job at a in ground swimming pool co and i took it apon myself to clean up the equipment in the muck bay that had just been brought in from a job so i wash everything up good and they had one of these tampers so im thinking i should start it since i had washed it to make sure i didnt get something wet !

So i didnt barely pull the start rope and the throttle lever wide open this thing came to life and started tamping the concrete floor which was about 30 ft from the owners office/ showroom and you would be surprised how fast old people can move when they think their building is falling down and i had no idea how to cut it off but i was hanging on as it bunny hopped around the shop floor till the owner found the kill switch FOR ME ! So from then on my first question on anything with a motor was how do you turn it off ? Then number 2 what does it do and how do you start it ! lol And the best one is anyone from hvy equipment world from the 50s thru 80s was ow to turn off a CAT or a EUC so on and if you didnt know you would never figure it out ! By pulling up on the top of the accelerator/decelerator pedal or by shoving the hand throttle all the way forward depending on the machine !

Guyfang

Staff member
After WOC prison camp, we went to Ft. Lost in the Woods for two months Tech training. We were 13 people in the class. 12 of them were real, Engineers. Combat Engineers. They knew all about what the machines were and how to operate them. I had no earthly idea, about nothing. After 4-5 weeks of school room crap, we went to the so called Million Dollar Hole. All the training equipment was there. All kinds of neat stuff! It looked like a large candy store!

So we walk over to a row of D7's. The school NCOIC was explaining all the ins and outs of the D7 to us. Putting everyone to sleep, but me. So he asks who wants to drive one? Like it was a real treat. Everyone was blowing him off. So he turns to me and asks if I want to drive it. I told him, "Hell yes!" So he puts me in the capable hands of our slightly intoxicated E7 student from the Philippines. He knew more about this stuff then the whole school combined.

We crawl up on this behemoth, and he lets me sit on the seat. Tells me how to start it, then starts it himself. Sitting next me, he tells me in broken English to put it in gear, and gets up. I did. And off we went like a raped rabbit. I took my foot off the gas pedal, to slow it down, and it just went faster! People are screaming at me, Pedro is screaming at me, and I have no clue. So I remember that one can stop a M548 by pulling back the laterals. So I tried. But the right lateral got a lot more pulled.

The roaring behemoth went to the right. Smacked the blade on the next D7, and broke off the side of the connecting arm. People are still running around and screaming. Pedro is jabbering about the gas pedal, and I KNOW that if I press it, this thing will fly! Pedro dives over the set and presses the pedal in and the freaking thing slows down. He pops it out of gear and there we sit. Fat, dumb and happy.

The school commander, Mr CW4 Mike T******* was not happy with me. We had had other discussions before. When he stopped screaming, yelling, cursing and spitting on me, the outcome was, I was banned from all equipment in the Million Dollar Hole. I got revenge later, but thats another story.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
After WOC prison camp, we went to Ft. Lost in the Woods for two months Tech training. We were 13 people in the class. 12 of them were real, Engineers. Combat Engineers. They knew all about what the machines were and how to operate them. I had no earthly idea, about nothing. After 4-5 weeks of school room crap, we went to the so called Million Dollar Hole. All the training equipment was there. All kinds of neat stuff! It looked like a large candy store!

So we walk over to a row of D7's. The school NCOIC was explaining all the ins and outs of the D7 to us. Putting everyone to sleep, but me. So he asks who wants to drive one? Like it was a real treat. Everyone was blowing him off. So he turns to me and asks if I want to drive it. I told him, "Hell yes!" So he puts me in the capable hands of our slightly intoxicated E7 student from the Philippines. He knew more about this stuff then the whole school combined.

We crawl up on this behemoth, and he lets me sit on the seat. Tells me how to start it, then starts it himself. Sitting next me, he tells me in broken English to put it in gear, and gets up. I did. And off we went like a raped rabbit. I took my foot off the gas pedal, to slow it down, and it just went faster! People are screaming at me, Pedro is screaming at me, and I have no clue. So I remember that one can stop a M548 by pulling back the laterals. So I tried. But the right lateral got a lot more pulled.

The roaring behemoth went to the right. Smacked the blade on the next D7, and broke off the side of the connecting arm. People are still running around and screaming. Pedro is jabbering about the gas pedal, and I KNOW that if I press it, this thing will fly! Pedro dives over the set and presses the pedal in and the freaking thing slows down. He pops it out of gear and there we sit. Fat, dumb and happy.

The school commander, Mr CW4 Mike T******* was not happy with me. We had had other discussions before. When he stopped screaming, yelling, cursing and spitting on me, the outcome was, I was banned from all equipment in the Million Dollar Hole. I got revenge later, but thats another story.
Yes Sir! The DECELERATOR peddle will definitely make you feel strange... I remember having a D16 with a cable plow behind it, and "the new guy" wanted to drive it - just because he could. I was standing beside the seat after I set him up to drive forward. As he came to the end of the row, I hollared "STOP" and he leaped back, foot came off the decelerator peddle and it jumped forward - toward the computer building. I stomped the peddle and we rolled up to within inches of the building. Whew! Dang that was close! My "new guy" jumped down and went inside the truck shop building. I guessed he needed to clean out his pants...

:cool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks