• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Today I bid by phone

dmetalmiki

Tomorrow I go see "it" !!((at military disposal yard) only 34 miles away..(( where it is RARE to see EX. U.S. Military vehicles. Heard about "it"..phoned and bid on.."it" (WON Imediatly!!) so IT IS bought unseen...and when I go collect "it" TOMORROW!!! (yep folks THAT QUICK in old blighty!!) I will take pictures to share my "find" with you all. ((goes to put my M62 on readiness allert!!))...wish me luck??....

papercu

It

I wouldn't tell the "collectors" over here about that. They will be bidding and driving the price up. Won't matter if it is in another country or not and they don't have the least idea on how to get it home or if it's legal to have. Wayne

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Today I bid by phone

Recovry4x4 said:
What is it?
I think he won a military phone? :)

only 34 miles away..
I thought you used the Metric system there.

sprucemt

RE: Re: RE: Today I bid by phone

Yea, I used to like it when Levy-Latham would call me with item xxx. Hey Don, we need xxx$ for it. Naw I,ll pass. Well how about xxx$. Sure, done deal.
Miss those days.

papercu

RE: Re: RE: Today I bid by phone

Levy-Latham would call me with item xxx
They never called me, but I showed up for a pickup after the bids closed and asked the gal in charge, what about the stuff that didn't sell? She said make a offer so we walked though and she pointed out the items that didn't sell I then offer 5.00 each for the ones I wanted, She cleared it with the higher-ups at Levy-Latham. Next time I showed up I asked where she was and the new crew said she got fired for it.
Wasn't Levy-Latham and G/L the same outfit, just the name was changed? Best I remember Levy-Latham was in AZ. too. Wayne

dmetalmiki

IT ...is this

It is exellent like new all round inside outside under over!..just need the strobe covers..as they were removed! (tho the strobes do work) they are weelan and I would like to know if we are allowed to purchase light covers for these units as civilians..(so that I can FULLY restore it to orriginal any help contacts /phone leads appreciated.

Attachments

dmetalmiki

RE: IT ...is this

story and more pictures in the deuce forum listed as "bringing IT home" ..I posted them and they ended up in deuce..sorry..thought it went in road trip! will try harder next time!..

papercu

purchase light covers for these units as civilians
Not a problem to buy but in the US. there are strict rules about the lights and most states require a sticker to have them mounted on a vehicle. Wayne

dmetalmiki

not aprob.. B U T who ACTUALLY sells em? giz a "clue" address or contact phone and I will order the lenses asap. here in u.k. no one bothers you..my fire engine has everything orriginal..cops usualy wave and smile. on "drive rounds" we sound siren wails yelps.. truck horns..AND have the blues and two's a goin!!...there can be quite a few ex-mil things in these "drive outs" and are popular with the "crowd" and participants!......at beltring the reo drive out had 50 0r 60 M series whistlers. u can view them google? beltring reo rodeo or similar. or rally beltring drive out.

papercu

Remember Google is our friend. Wayne

UNITED KINGDOM

Woodway Engineering Limited

Certified "e" & "E" Products
Lower Road
Barnacle, Coventry CV7 9LD
England
Phone: 011-44-24-7684-1750
Fax: 011-44-24-7662-1796
E-mail:woodway@btconnect.com

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Looks like a Whelen "Edge" light bar, contact Whelen Engineering at www.whelen.com
There should be a distributor in the UK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks