• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Todays motor swap w/pics

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Finally got around to helping my buddy swap engines on a duece I sold him and he is now selling. This was my parts donor for the winch on my truck and had a spun #3 cylinder rod bearing that I did not feel like messing with. I rented a trailer to tow my other buddies forklift that he let us use. Things didnt go as planned since the forklift is designed for nice smooth surfaces and we were in the dirt. After getting it stuck several times we developed a sytem of plywood roads with about 6 pieces of plywood. that we had to keep moving around but it solved the problem. His house is about 50 miles away from mine up the "Grapevine" on the I-5. I figure between the trailer and the forklift it was about 10K lbs. Half the day was spent getting the forklift unstuck with his little Kobota.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Having that forklift almost makes pulling that motor look easy. Are you parting out that dead motor?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a fun day. After doing engine swaps with at least one fender off, I'm not sure I could go back to doing it with the fenders on. I can't want to do another engine swap now that I have the little crane.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Taking it out was easy, putting it back in we needed a come along on the front of the motor to get a better angle of the dangle. The front end was taken apart over several months so we cant take credit for doing everything in one day. The dead motor is now laying on its side in my garage. I hope to eventually rebuild it and have a spare laying around, only needs to have the crank turned and probably a new connecting rod if the old one is unservicable. I'll probably use the oil filter canisters to cut down and make a remote oil filter setup.

OSO

Those little forklifts sure are heavy on loose soil, sand , loose gravel. I know because I've been there, STUCK!!! aua OSO

herc69

yea, they don't do dirt well at all!! Ferro has one like the one y'all used, and we've done the same thing several times. Can't wait to have a paved work area to use!! Having a spare motor lying around also sounds like something to do down the road. WAY down the road at this rate!! :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks