• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ton axles on a Deuce?

forklift

has anyone everdone this? There are all sorts of 5t axles on GL selling cheaper than that silly wheel adapter from usa 6x6 or whomever it was that was selling them. You can get 3 5ton axles for $600, or pay $2000 for 4 6 lug to 8(or is it 10) lug wheel adapter. How hard could it be to swap them in? then you could get 13 palettes of tires WITH rims from GL for next to nothing? No more super singles issues. Any ideas?, jake

M1075

Did these pallets you mention have the 5 ton beadlock rims with 1400s on them or are you talking about the split rims with 1100s?

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'm sure it can be done. Some issues are that the differential on the front is on the opposite side for 5 tons. Secondly , the square housing on the axle is much larger on the 5 ton as well as the leaf springs are much wider. You would have to make your own adapters for mounting the 5 ton axles to the 2 1/2 ton leaf springs. I have thought about it since I have the chance for a complete set of axles as well as super single wheels like on the cement mixers for FREE! I just dont have the place or time for such a project.

Trango

6.44 or something, right?

By the way, you can easily spin the chunks (3rd members) on the axles and yes, everything still spins the right way. It's a little weird to fathom, but it works.

Well, when I say "easily", chunks are only 200 lbs or so for 2.5 tons, which is heavy but liftable by hand. I could only imagine what 5 ton chunks weigh.... prob not bad with a cherry picker.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks