• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Too much of a good thing, MEP-803a wouldn't stop!

Guyfang

Staff member
In the 70's, the fire extinguishers on all our equipment, a Hawk Air Defense Battery, were empty, all the time. Beer cooling. And to make matters worse, the spray cone, connecting pipe and the fitting on the end, were always gone. "Someone" would remove them to smoke hash. And the fuel tank strainers in my gen sets, and trucks parked on site had no screen in them, until I found the NSN for bulk screen and left it out for all to use.

2Pbfeet

In the 70's, the fire extinguishers on all our equipment, a Hawk Air Defense Battery, were empty, all the time. Beer cooling. And to make matters worse, the spray cone, connecting pipe and the fitting on the end, were always gone. "Someone" would remove them to smoke hash. And the fuel tank strainers in my gen sets, and trucks parked on site had no screen in them, until I found the NSN for bulk screen and left it out for all to use.
Those darn mice are such a problem!;)

So how big and how many fire extinguishers were stocked? 10lb CO2? 20? Did they get refilled on site? Just curious.

All the best,

2Pbfeet

Guyfang

Staff member
All system equipment had at least one bottle. Any truck that carried or towed system equipment had at least one. I think they were 10 pounds. About 15-16 inches tall, and 6-7 wide. Like a dive tank, just smaller. Total, I would guess about 80-100 bottles.

We had to take the bottles to the German fire department on the Kaserne to be filled. We were not loved by the fire department. Sometimes we took them a half gallon of Jim Beam, to smooth the road, so to speak.

2Pbfeet

All system equipment had at least one bottle. Any truck that carried or towed system equipment had at least one. I think they were 10 pounds. About 15-16 inches tall, and 6-7 wide. Like a dive tank, just smaller. Total, I would guess about 80-100 bottles.

We had to take the bottles to the German fire department on the Kaserne to be filled. We were not loved by the fire department. Sometimes we took them a half gallon of Jim Beam, to smooth the road, so to speak.
The Jim Beam was a nice touch.

I can only imagine how well the indiscriminate use of fire extinguishers went over with a bunch of "regelmäßig und ordentlich" German firemen.:ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the morning laugh.

All the best,

2Pbfeet

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks