• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tooele Army Depot Warranty Sticker

fkowalski1942

Hello Guys,
I´m finishing an M109 shop van truck restoration, i´m trying to replicate a sticker that came on the truck axle when i got it, i took a picture before the disassembly but the words seems unreadable... Anyone can tell me what are those little words in the white circles? The central word(the only one readable) is "TEAD", making refer for Tooele Army Depot.
I´m trying to replicate with 100% accuracy... closer its not enough.

I know that i am probably the most annoying guy in this forum making this kind of question... haha

Best Regards

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
Might sound like I have slipped a cog or two, but call the number. Ask if there is such a thing as a Tooele historian. Ask is someone could copy an old sticker, or at least that part of the sticker. Its also on the plate shown in post #7. If the number is not in use, go to the web site for the depot. cant hurt. And you might well be surprised!

Guyfang

Staff member
How did military warranties like that work anyway? Was that for cases where a unit didn't have direct maintenance support?
Back in the day, depending on what the item was, Tooele would ask for information from you about the failed item. Then, they would call TACOM, (Tank and Automotive Command) for vehicle related items, TROSCOM, (Troop Support Command for Ground Power items, today called CECOM) or MICOM, (U.S. Army Missile Command) or or other commands I can no longer remember, and have them send a "Tech Rep" to come see you. They would try to determine what what wrong. Why it went wrong. Arrange for fixing the problem. Expedite the delivery of the defect item.

An axle would never be repaired by DS Level Maintenance. It was a pluck, turn in and order item.

HDN

Might sound like I have slipped a cog or two, but call the number. Ask if there is such a thing as a Tooele historian. Ask is someone could copy an old sticker, or at least that part of the sticker. Its also on the plate shown in post #7. If the number is not in use, go to the web site for the depot. cant hurt. And you might well be surprised!
Doesn't hurt to try. That and e-mail. Worst that can happen is that they don't respond after a week or two or say no.

Back in the day, depending on what the item was, Tooele would ask for information from you about the failed item. Then, they would call TACOM, (Tank and Automotive Command) for vehicle related items, TROSCOM, (Troop Support Command for Ground Power items, today called CECOM) or MICOM, (U.S. Army Missile Command) or or other commands I can no longer remember, and have them send a "Tech Rep" to come see you. They would try to determine what what wrong. Why it went wrong. Arrange for fixing the problem. Expedite the delivery of the defect item.

An axle would never be repaired by DS Level Maintenance. It was a pluck, turn in and order item.
Thanks for the explanation! Today I learned something new :)

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I tried to call but no answer and even searched for Colonel Bruce E. Schmacker but he passed away in 2019.
Luckily, i got the information from a friend who served at TEAD, below the full image with the correct words i needed.
Thank You!!! Very Nice.
With that image, building a new sticker will be easy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks