• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Took my Deuce out, found a car show!

Pawnshop

I had the itch to drive my M35 yesterday, with no particular destination, just wanted some seat time (and it was good:)) I had to wait till the temp went back below 100, we tied a record high for the day with 105 recorded at Camp Mabry and 112 recorded inside my M1009, it was Africa Hot. I was hoping to find a parking lot car show and got lucky, twice! I found some guys at the Albertsons parking lot in Cedar Park so I pulled in and was immediately at work talking about the truck, they made me feel at home and part of the show right off, that made me happy. I called Reloader64 and he doubled the MV count. There was a bit of everything out there from the obligatory 57 Chevys and 66 Mustangs to a 1967 Datsun 1600, with a 67 Mercury with a 427 dual quad, a 58 Ford Sunliner and Skyliner thrown in for good measure. Our Deuces rounded out the show nicely, there were no bikes though (might have to get Sarge to fix that with his M1031). At one point I had to show the tuner guys what a turbo the size of your head sounds like:) I was getting dark so I only got a couple of photos, and never got a chance to get a shot of the trucks and rods together.

We discovered that there was another lot show a couple of miles away so we went down there and also had a good time, but that show was more populated with new performance cars than rods and we were not as popular:)

Plans have already been made to show up at Albertsons this coming Saturday, and one of the guys out there is going to try to get a MV owner friend of his to come out too so maybe we can have a whole OD section!

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There is a great cruise night about an hour, maybe an hour and a half from me that they do once a month in a shopping center parking lot and they pull 500+ cars on a regular basis. Very good turnout and always at least a couple of military vehicles (Jeeps typically-)

jeep-Jeep

Hey pawnshop too bad that I could not make it .
Had baseball with my son during the day and Texas hold em with the neighbors at night
And man it was hot .
CD:roll:
Ps are you doing the lakeway parade on the 4th.

dittle

Did that same thing with mine in my town the Friday before Memorial Day. Got so busy with Memorial Day I forgot to post anything. The most unique vehicle there had to be the '37 Ford converted into a bar. Hope you don't mind me putting a few of the pictures in your thread.

Attachments