• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Torch set - Wrecker BII

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can anyone tell me the manufacturer (model #) of the appropriate torch set for a 70's wrecker (M816). I got a nice box (45) from Jeff and I think I need to fill it!
torch set.jpg
"Vintage" sets on egay that 'look' like the TM pic seem to be either Harris, Smiths or Victor. May be the "Lin 67706" is Lincoln??

(...and yes I searched)

Thanks.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you want functioning or just period correct?

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you want functioning or just period correct?
Let me guess Eric - you have a nice set of "nearly" working ones to trade for a tire or so!!! Give me some details...

Not exactly sure - the non working ones would have to be pretty cheap since working ones are real handy - though I do have two other working sets at home - one in the shop on larger bottles and another in the work truck on smaller bottles.

Thanks Ferro...' & Sand...' I appreciate the info.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a couple older sets at a storage location.

When I get a chance to get over there, I'll see what brands I have.

They worked the last time I used them (20 years or more ago).

I was just wondering if you wanted period correct, or just the correct brand.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking at the pics on e-gay of 'older' Victor sets, none really match the BII pic very well, though I guess there is a heap of artistic licence by the detailer. As to your question, I guess period correct or newer (ie., inservice replacement) would be the way to go.
I just remembered that I do have the welding set instructions pamphlet that came with the truck - perhaps there is a pic in there.....

No hurry, when ever you have time.

Thanks again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks