• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

torn holes in the hummer

FrankUSMC

Hope this helps some one out. A couple of years ago I got a call from a guy who ended up with one of the hummers from the big Marine trade in. He was telling me about his hummer and some of the things he had to repair. One of the things he said was his hummer was used very rough by the Marines because there was jagged holes in the floor boards. Just torn into the metal. He wanted to know how we repaired damage like that. I told him that the holes were part of his hummers history and he should just leave them in. They were drain holes for water. The message was for you to take the pick ax from the tool rackand just punch holes in the floor board of the hummer. They had our motor T guys do this. I had a hummer issued to me, and I remember when they took it for a PM and the young Marine was telling me about the message. He did not want me to go off when I saw the holes.
One of the few, Frank

Dieselsmoke

Yep, about 75% of the Corps leftovers I've seen had the hillbilly drain holes in them. Gotta do what ya gotta do :)

ida34

Ours had small drain holes that always clogged up. We always widened them to drain faster when we had to clean them after the field.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks