• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tow bar feet

Jones

Nope; nothing bigger. I'm thinking since it's just a deuce under the skin, that another deuce oughta be able to handle it but I have to make the tow bar fit the feet. The standard tow bar feet looked kinda puny sticking out if a 4' X 8' "bumper".

CGarbee

Don't you just normally run around with a big lifting shackle attached to the lugs and only put the tow bar adapter on when you use a towbar (ie, keep the adapters with the towbar)? That way, you can easily sling, tie down, or otherwise attach the vehicle to something (or vice versa) using a chain or cable??

Anyway, they look good.

Jones

Roger on the lifting shackles. The tow bar feet will probably stay in storage until a four-wheeling expedition is on the horizon; then get put into on-board toolbox for the day. I'm actually thinking I'll get more business as tow-er as opposed to tow-ee. The baby HEMTT can be 18" deep before I drag a differential, 41" to the bottom of the frame. Still, it's better to have and not need than need and not have.
Haven't got winch figured out yet either. The front skid plate doesn't lend itself to fairlead rollers so the side-of-frame mounted self-recovery winch off of a HEMTT or standard winch mounted similarly is a consideration.
Or I could just use it for trips to the market or Starbucks like so many other off-road SUV owners do.
Ah yes; I can just see the baby HEMTT wedged between the Escalades and Humvees while I sip on my latte... with my pinky finger extended with the best of them.

rizzo

cranetruck said:
This is what you'll need if towed by a larger vehicle.

Image from M1002 10 ton wrecker manual TB 9-2320-357-13.

As usual, your workmanship is excellent Leonard.
is that to lower the pin height?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks