• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towed a Deuce today.

IRWFO

Spentshell will chime in shortly with the details of the adventure. I was taking photos and video and used my truck as the rear guard. The quick story is our friend Tom lost his brakes because of a blown wheel cylinder. This is the first time anyone of us towed another MV. Except for one rude woman that cut in front of us during the convoy all went smooth. Taking the wheels off was another story. Of coarse after a test ride and a lunch stop at Fridays Toms radiator sprung a nice leak. Here are some photos. I'll have the videos up later or tomorrow.
The M998 was used to stop the Deuce while driving out of the storage area so we could hook it up.

Attachments

spentshell

The details are that we busted our buts all day and had fun doing it. Its really not that bad towing with the tow bar after all, we even had a max speed of 27 mph woohoo. Cant wait for the video.

dm22630

The details are that we busted our buts all day and had fun doing it. Its really not that bad towing with the tow bar after all, we even had a max speed of 27 mph woohoo. Cant wait for the video.

27????????

I was going 56mph in my deuce when I pulled the m109 home.......were you just going through towns?

IRWFO

27????????

I was going 56mph in my deuce when I pulled the m109 home.......were you just going through towns?

I was in the back so I had no say on the speed.

That being said. It was our first time towing, we didn't trust what we were doing, It was wet out and the fastest road we were on had a 45mph speed limit. Last but not least, have you ever seen what we pay in NY for insurance.

Oh another thing. If you play it safe you will usually never be sorry.

Plus we are a bunch of girls. :oops:

IRWFO

Man, I missed a good time :-D. I'm glad everything worked out safely for ya's.
We knew with the warmer weather you would be out wrenching on your own. The 4 of us are going to do a nice weekend run soon. Think you and your brother can join us?

Plus next month we have the Rocky Point Parade and a week later Montauk. I'm thinking a Camp Hero Invasion. :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks