• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing m1102 w/canvas cover

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have a canvas cover for a 1102?

I have towed my vinyl covered M101s with no problems but your fuel economy goes south and fast.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably, due to age and high speed, the first weak point will give and then its gone. Most likely the beginning of an Allstate commercial; something like, "I'm a 20 year old military generator cover that has sat in the desert, and you expect me to hang on? mayhem.......

3dAngus

Depends on condition but it will stretch it at the front.
Not recommended, but if it was raining I would protect my contents and slow down to 55 or less.

Falstaff

Well, no allstate commercial, the tarp and bow kit appear BRAND NEW, no tears or abrasions at all. It did fine at up to 65 even though there was a windstorm on the pass today.

evldoer

I have pulled a M1102 trailer with the tarp on it at 70 mph with no problems. Just make sure the buckles are tight.