• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing Mule

Skeeter

The Mule has a tow bar which was to be used to tow Mule behind another vehicle when disabled, needed to use as trailer.
What was maximum speed possible to tow safely?
Thanks
Skeeter

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You live in Winder and you have a mule?

Welcome to the site.

I could have sworn there was a thread about towing the mule, but I can't find it now.

I wouldn't tow one any faster than what the TM says the maximum speed is in 3rd gear, hi transfer.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
clinto;1131108[B said:
]You live in Winder and you have a mule?[/B]

Welcome to the site.

I could have sworn there was a thread about towing the mule, but I can't find it now.

I wouldn't tow one any faster than what the TM says the maximum speed is in 3rd gear, hi transfer.
I see a new SSGAR event,
MULE drag raceing, extreme mule trail runs,

emr

I have tow barred my mule with a deuce and also a Jeep a few times, 20 mph is as close to to fast as U ever want to go, it looks rickity with only a single leg bar and it is, disconnect the front steer first for sure also, i would bet that is in a manual, mostly common sense here ,It was never made to be a trailer and wont be a good one for sure.

emr

You live in Winder and you have a mule?

Welcome to the site.

That is WAYY to fast, 20 is pushing it, and 10 to 15 is workable.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mule in Tow!

Mule in tow.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XqYhoVdYPk[/media]

Skeeter

Yes, live in Winder, hoping to acquire Mule next month. Have been told that one would be ready to go then.
Have been wanting one for bout 30 years now, now retired and ready to enjoy one.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Cool! I have a '68 A5.

You need to bring it to the 2012 Ga Rally. We had 86 vehicles last year and hundreds of attendees. Swap meet, offroading, etc. Lots of fun. See the link below in my signature line for all the pics and video of the 2011 event.

If you need any help with yours let me know. I am in Statham.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
This year's event will be Oct. 10-14, 2012. In Union Point, about an hour East of us.

I don't have an official thread up for the 2012 event (I will soon) but here is last year's thread. It has all the info about food, lodging, directions, activities, etc. Just change the dates to Oct. 10-1 2012 and you'll have 90% of what you need.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/south-...02-official-2011-ss-ga-rally-info-thread.html

Here's mine:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks