• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towning home a M1101 I won

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
Good grab!

My guess, lots of HMMWV trailers going up due to the HMMWV being phased out. As units get the JLTV in, they are sending the trailers to auction because they know it brings them good funds, except when people get good deals. :giggle:

spankybear

I almost bid on that one, but I already had 2. There were a couple in that lot that had the top and hardware in the bed, but they didn't show if it was all there, or not. Decided to let it go knowing it was better than the ones I already bought. That road going in there is more a motorcross track than a road!
Thank you for not bidding on this nice trailer... There will be more looks like tan ones from the sand box war store this week.

spankybear

Now that I think about it, there really shouldn't be any A0/A1 trucks left in the military inventory, so getting rid of the M1101 from inventory would also make sense as they were specifically for the earlier trucks with the lower tow rating.
Not that there's any physical difference between the M1101 and M1102; just that on the books the truck that they match to are gone or nearly so.
They are also selling the M1102s... I think they are just throwing away tax money... 5 m1102 this week... nice one in Doyle https://www.govplanet.com/for-sale/...sm|0,isAuc|yes,mf|1&rr=0.2&hitprm=&pnLink=yes

2deuce

I did bid on one of those with the tarp in the back at the beginning of the auction, and someone bid until they went over my $950 top. I figured whoever was on top knew what they had, and doubted they were going to stop at the $700 my minimum bid would need to be. Out of curiousity how high would you have gone? Would you have stopped bidding? I need a butt kicking if you say you would have stopped there.

spankybear

While I'll not give you the price I would stop bidding at... I will say that I set my price and I will not bid over that. That was the 3rd I bidded on that day. The other 2 went higher than my max I wanted to bid. When they are dumping stuff like these I find I get what I want for the price I want and don't get into a frenzy... That's for other people.

2deuce

I do the same thing. Sometimes I hope they don't go too cheap, or I'll be tempted to bid when I don't really want another one. You know once these dry up the prices will rise like they did with the M101a2 trailers.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do the same thing. Sometimes I hope they don't go too cheap, or I'll be tempted to bid when I don't really want another one. You know once these dry up the prices will rise like they did with the M101a2 trailers.

You are correct. The prices up here in New England for a decent M101A2 is just north of 4K. I picked up my really nice M101A2 for $1300 about 8 years ago and can't believe what they are getting.

I would love a M1101 or M1102 as they will take a 4x8 flat in the bed and has other attributes but I can't find a nice solid green cover and I have been looking.

Mark

spankybear

So they put a jerry can holder on the tong and they say it's an NBC decon kit or something like . What does that look like. Are there any pictures?

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
So they put a jerry can holder on the tong and they say it's an NBC decon kit or something like . What does that look like. Are there any pictures?
They look like this. Has a sprayer & some of the mix packets in it in the storage area. There is a spot to mount one on the FMTV as well, on top of the air hydraulic pump.
DECON Kit.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks