• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Track rod ends

Socast

Hi all,

I need to replace the track rod ends on my M35a2.

I’ve had a look round and I’m getting conflicting results.
I’ve been told that Rockwell A3144-F344 and A3144-G345 are what I need.
However I’ve found a thread on here stating that Euclid E4611 and MOOG ES187R both fit, but they seem to match A3144-R226 rather than either F344 or G345.
Please help as mine are fairly bad and need changing ASAP.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1) Go to TM 9-2320-361-20P (Oct 1993) Fig. 114 Tie Rod Assembly, specifically tie rod ends, items 6 (NSN 2530-00-752-1602) and 8 (NSN 2530-00-752-1601)

2) Go to wbparts.com and search for those NSNs. There you will find this info........ (BTW, they got some errors there which I already fixed (encircled yellow))

Tie rod end, LH.PNG Tie rod end, RH.PNG

Part #s A3144-F344 and A3144-G345 are correct. They are just some of the many cross-reference numbers for these.

Socast

Thanks for the reply, but I’m struggling to actually find any for sale.
I’m in the UK so buying from BigMikes, Eastern surplus etc are out as they won’t ship to the UK.
I found one place, but they wanted over $200 to ship to the UK.

Socast

Taking a slightly different route, I’m thinking with being in the UK that this issue is only going to get worse, so I’m going to find a modern track rod (that’s metric) and some modern track rod ends that match the taper/diameter of the Rockwell ones.
As I’m struggling to find any replacements I’m loath to take it apart and risk not being able to reassemble the truck if the track rod end is damaged during removal.

would one of you amazing people happen to know the length of the main pin (that locates int the hub with a locking nut), the upper diameter, lower diameter (so I can match the taper) and the measurement between the top and bottom of the taper please. 🙏

Socast

Take a minute to read the specs in those tables, in post #2. It's all there...(!)

Besides that, I bet you won't find anything in the metric world that would fit well there. Not without modifying the tapered holes...
The tables you’ve directed me to only give part numbers as far as I can see.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

dmetalmiki

Send the specifications and discuss refurbishments to:

Contact Us
Our Location

Amsteer Sales Limited

Amsteer Sales Limited
Unit 17 Ariane
Lichfield Rd Ind Est
Tamworth
Staffs
B79 7XF

Telephone
01827 61000

Fax
01827 61999

Socast

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks