• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer from Salem OR to Greenville SC

fasttruck

Nick: trailer appears to be a M871 22.5t trailer which has 12 and 24 volt light hookups and common air connections. You moved one for me last year that was empty. The lights are all 12 volt and resistors are provided to knock the 24 volts down to 12. I would guess the one in the picture is about 12.5' high. Ocean freight container would be attached to trailer with the trailer's built in pin locks.

319cssb

This trailer is a water purification unit WTA-060. It comes with a mep 806a a sea container. A very nice trailer and a bunch of brass. Besides of that . I don’t know much about these units. But I need to get it to South Carolina

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
This trailer is a water purification unit WTA-060. It comes with a mep 806a a sea container. A very nice trailer and a bunch of brass. Besides of that . I don’t know much about these units. But I need to get it to South Carolina
Nice looking trailer.
Have you got something to drag it around with when you get it to your place?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Once I get it here, yes . I am working on getting a mtv .
Neat. The M1088 drags that trailer pretty well - at least empty. The CAT 3126 feels fairly strong. The exhaust brake makes a really big difference too when it is time to stop. Only thing that bugs me a bit is that the jacks are not tall enough to raise mine high enough without "cheaters" to attach and disconnect from the tractor / 5th Wheel.

fasttruck

Neat. The M1088 drags that trailer pretty well - at least empty. The CAT 3126 feels fairly strong. The exhaust brake makes a really big difference too when it is time to stop. Only thing that bugs me a bit is that the jacks are not tall enough to raise mine high enough without "cheaters" to attach and disconnect from the tractor / 5th Wheel.
Most military trailers have inclined ramps behind the fifth wheel to lift up low trailers. Especially when you are relaying a trailer brought to an interchange point with a M 915 which has a 48" high fifth wheel and you are going to run it to the field with a M818 which has a 60" high double trunnion fifth wheel. The frame heights are similar so you can scoop up a low trailer with the ramps. Just make sure the trailer is chocked or the brakes work unless it against a loading dock. When uncoupling a loaded trailer pull out slowly so the landing legs don't go through the floor. These maneuvers can take on a whole new dimension in snow season when the motor pool is paved in ice.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks