• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer light converter

nipps

I mean a whip n a converter to change voltage from 24v to 12v. Seen one for $650 which is ridiculous but also saw one on u tube mocked up in an old 50cal ammo can that looks to of consisted of a converter n a couple relays. Lookin for somethin cheap

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm planning on making a few of these soon. Just in the R&D portion of it right now. I plan on offering two models. A simple resistor based setup and a electronic relay setup with a voltage converter. I want to test both ways out first though. FWIW, the military uses a simple three resistor setup for the M871 trailer. (the tail light bulbs are 12v on it)

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Three 24v fired relays, a 12V source and hook up a whip from the truck to the box. Install a Civi "vehicle" side plug in the box, and plug the trailer into it. Works perfect. I made one. I actually ran the 12V right out through the truck plug on the aux power line so it feeds right to the convertor box. I did all of this inside a small ammo box.

steelandcanvas

Three 24v fired relays, a 12V source and hook up a whip from the truck to the box. Install a Civi "vehicle" side plug in the box, and plug the trailer into it. Works perfect. I made one. I actually ran the 12V right out through the truck plug on the aux power line so it feeds right to the convertor box. I did all of this inside a small ammo box.
I'd like to see some photos of that.