• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer needed to haul a M1074 from OH to VA

ev2bfree

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won a M1074 in OH. I need to transport it to Richmond, VA. I own a M916, but do not have a trailer capable of hauling the M1074. The M1074 PLS is 129" tall, 36 feet long, and 96" wide. It weighs 55,000. If my math is correct the trailer deck height cannot be over 30". I do have the adapter for the kingpin so I could use 2" or 3.5". Please PM me with offers. I will pay for the privilege of using your equipment.

Postman515

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would have it hauled. If it weighs 55,000 you would be overweight with the 916 and the m1074 alone without adding a trailer. Plus I'm guessing you would need a tri-axle trailer with overweight permits. Unless you have a CDL Class A, DOT inspection on truck/trailer, IFTA sticker, DOT number and all the appropriate permits the fines would far outweigh the cost of having it shipped.

Shark Bait

It will probably need to put on the trailer as well. I checked it out during a recovery a while back and was told it had "electrical issues". He said it would start and as soon as you attach te slave cable everything lights up and comes on even with the switch off. I don't know if this helps you in being prepared or not but thought I would share it. Awesome rig none te less!

Dave

ev2bfree

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It will probably need to put on the trailer as well. I checked it out during a recovery a while back and was told it had "electrical issues". He said it would start and as soon as you attach te slave cable everything lights up and comes on even with the switch off. I don't know if this helps you in being prepared or not but thought I would share it. Awesome rig none te less!

Dave
Yes I got the same feedback about the electrical issues. Has anyone flat towed one of these with a tow bar? If all the air brakes work, why couldn't I hook up to the air lines in the front of the M1074 and tow it wheels down?

dk8019

I've seen them flat towed before in Iraq and Afghanistan, but with either a HEMTT wrecker or a similar PLS. I would think the M916 might be a little on the light side.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yes I got the same feedback about the electrical issues. Has anyone flat towed one of these with a tow bar? If all the air brakes work, why couldn't I hook up to the air lines in the front of the M1074 and tow it wheels down?
I have one of the "tow bars from h3ll" if you need to borrow one.

RobertoGatos

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look into renting a fifth wheel towing attachment. Almost bid on your truck (great deal) and was going to get it with a tru-hitch on my 916. Can maybe weigh down the back of your truck with ballast then flat tow?

ev2bfree

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would have it hauled. If it weighs 55,000 you would be overweight with the 916 and the m1074 alone without adding a trailer. Plus I'm guessing you would need a tri-axle trailer with overweight permits. Unless you have a CDL Class A, DOT inspection on truck/trailer, IFTA sticker, DOT number and all the appropriate permits the fines would far outweigh the cost of having it shipped.
I do have a CDL. I do have a DOT #. I do get "appropriate permits" now. I have a Dump Truck that pulls a CAT 320 Track Hoe that is 52,000# and is permitted to 120,000# GCVW as a wide load. I just do not have a trailer that has 36' on a deck that is 30" or less tall, and can carry 55,000#.

ev2bfree

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look into renting a fifth wheel towing attachment. Almost bid on your truck (great deal) and was going to get it with a tru-hitch on my 916. Can maybe weigh down the back of your truck with ballast then flat tow?
I am already setup with "ballast" on the truck. I just picked up a MK14 trailer.
M916 Mk14.jpg

ev2bfree

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won a M1074 in OH. I need to transport it to Richmond, VA. I own a M916, but do not have a trailer capable of hauling the M1074. The M1074 PLS is 129" tall, 36 feet long, and 96" wide. It weighs 55,000. If my math is correct the trailer deck height cannot be over 30". I do have the adapter for the kingpin so I could use 2" or 3.5". Please PM me with offers. I will pay for the privilege of using your equipment.
This is not one of those threads you can delete, so I will just let everyone know that I no longer need a trailer. I found one that I hope will work as now I have two M1074's to pickup.
Trailer.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks