• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trans fluid milky

Aknoll007

Just changed the oil in my Deuce and topped off all the gear oil. When I found milky oil in the transmission. I'm assuming its water, didn't see any milky oil in the axles or transfer case but will recheck. How much does the tranny hold and does it take normal 80w90 oil or something else? does water get in the tranny easier then the transfer case and axles? thanks

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mabye the truck went swimming and then went to the motor pool on fri afternoon. Now solder "A" has to finish this truck before he can use his weekend pass. Guess what didn't get done? 5 quarts should do it. If it's really bad, i would pull the floor pan and the top of the tranny and make sure everybody is happy. While it's open you could wash it out with 5 gallons of diesel with the drain plug out. Then rinse with motor oil. When that stops dripping, install the drain plug and pour the gear lube in from the top untill it's level with the fill plug. Then button it all back up.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My transmission had a similar problem when I got it. The top cover was off and the GL personnel were kind enough to let it fill up half full with rain water. I pulled out tranny, cleaned everything out and now it works great. I am sure yours will be okay too, it seems like they can take alot of abuse.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL -1 is the recommended lube. There is a rating of GL-5 that won;t harm the bronze but I can't recall it. I've had success at getting GL-1 at super walmart but it's not always in stock.

Armada

Don't forget to check the vent on the top of the transmission too.
One; make sure it's still there, and two; make sure it's working properly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks