• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer of guardianship

Bryan 45

Seems more appropriate than "bought a mule".

After spending a good part of the morning with forum member Recovry4x4, I am the new caretaker of MicroJeep's m274. I don't really know what I got myself into, as I've never owned a Mule. :) But I had two boys that talked me into it. I'm pretty sure the dog had something to do with it too.

600 miles round trip to bring back to Kentucky. It will join my M151a1 for leisure Sunday drives. My brother in law said "you can use it to take the trash cans to the street" That's the first legitimate use I've considered.

Attachments

Bryan 45

I have some video somewhere of riding random kids all over the Denton NC rally. Kids really dig riding on those
My son (12 at the time) got a chance to ride a Mule last October at a local MV show. That was right after riding in a M5 Stuart, so the Mule didn't make quite the impression it should have. :) But both of my boys have had a chance to drive around the yard already.

Had to replace the push-button starter switch. It was making intermittent contact. Luckily it was just a commercially available momentary push button so I found the same size at the locally-owned auto parts store.

Filled the tank with 5 gallons of fresh 87-oct REAL GAS, oil looks good for now, adjusted the clutch cable as it was not disengaging properly, and we're ready to roll. Just need some seat cushions for the deck. I'm not drilling any holes in it, but it would be comfortable just to sit on something soft.

Attachments

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My son (12 at the time) got a chance to ride a Mule last October at a local MV show. That was right after riding in a M5 Stuart, so the Mule didn't make quite the impression it should have. :) But both of my boys have had a chance to drive around the yard already.

Had to replace the push-button starter switch. It was making intermittent contact. Luckily it was just a commercially available momentary push button so I found the same size at the locally-owned auto parts store.

Filled the tank with 5 gallons of fresh 87-oct REAL GAS, oil looks good for now, adjusted the clutch cable as it was not disengaging properly, and we're ready to roll. Just need some seat cushions for the deck. I'm not drilling any holes in it, but it would be comfortable just to sit on something soft.
My video is on THAT mule. Mike was one of my best friends….

Bryan 45

Mike apparently loaded the Mule in the trailer using a couple of 2x10 pine ramps. Kenny joked when I picked it up that Mike had bigger balls than he to use these short wooden ramps. (I wasn't going to try it either!)

I want to use the trailer to it's potential, so I bought a set of aluminum ramps from TSC. They're just over 90" long, so they still fit flat in the bed of the trailer (under the loaded Mule thankfully).

First time I loaded was a little sketchy. I didn't have any problems, but it was pretty steep! And the Mule is only about 4" narrower than the trailer, so it's a tight squeeze. 2nd time was a little easier- I'm getting more comfortable doing it.

The trailer pulls great. Hardly know it's back there. (and yes, I secured it with multiple ratchet straps before pulling out) I only went about 15 miles just to test it out. This longer trailer is SO MUCH easier to back up than my M416.

Attachments

Bryan 45

Last night's Mule project was cutting a "horse stall mat" to fit the deck. Not a difficult job, and turned out pretty well for an ugly mat.

I took the Mule to a gun range in Spencer, TN a couple of weeks ago to assist in clearing some trails that will be used for a run and gun competition. Chainsaws, weed eaters, fuel cans, coolers and people slid all over the place! This mat should not only protect the deck (don't want to scratch my 55 year old MV) but keep any cargo from sliding around.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks