• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission drain plug

GILBERT2020

Hey y'all-

Drove my 5 ton to a tire shop last night to get her ready for some new tires next week. Once I arrived I did a post trip inspection and it was EASY to see the huge leak I had under my transmission. Missing this plug.. Anyone have any idea where I could get another one? Maybe a local auto parts store? Anyone know the size?

Thanks for any info.

Attachments

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your leak is coming from either your rear main seal or your transmission input shaft seal, it just drains out of this hole.

Don’t worry about the plug, leave it be unless you’re fording deep water.

GILBERT2020

Your leak is coming from either your rear main seal or your transmission input shaft seal, it just drains out of this hole.

Don’t worry about the plug, leave it be unless you’re fording deep water.
Thanks for the info- i do have a leak from something.

Not real worried about it at the moment. Looking to put a DT466 in it and will have everything else looked at then.. Once again thanks for the info, this place never lets me down.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the info- i do have a leak from something.

Not real worried about it at the moment. Looking to put a DT466 in it and will have everything else looked at then.. Once again thanks for the info, this place never lets me down.
Not a perfect answer - but if the oil dripping smells like sulfur, chances are it is the transmission front seal. More likely it will be the motor oil smell of a rear main. Fixable in the truck but you will be tired at the end of the day. The DT466 will solve that. Especially if it is as purty as this one.

DT466 IHC International.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks