• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission Options

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, it sure will. With the current 3.08 gears you'll be cruising at a super low RPM on the big road. The 700R4 was used in the civy 6.2 1/2 ton rigs. Driveshaft lengths will need to be adjusted and a TV cable along with throtttle position sensor will need to be added, all are available and bolt ons. The gas version will bolt right up but needs a converter change. Some of the gasser internals aren't as hearty as the diesel versions. Too bad you're so far away, I've got a 700R4 and a 208 case in the yard I would give you. I'm tired of trimming around it!

mangus580

Kenny, i dont think the driveshafts are a different length. I am pretty sure that difference is taken up in the spacer plate between the transmission and transfercase. Warren, I am doing just that with mine at the end of the summer, but I am also dropping in 4:10 gears. the 700R4-3.08 combo is a setup for disaster with the 700R4. Unless you live in totally flat land that is... The ideal combo would be to put 3.42 or 3.73 gears in, but I already have my set of 4.10's which is why I have chosen them. When done, I will also have lockers front and rear.... I should be able to go just about anywhere!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks