• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission shifterboot

acetomatoco

They were originally part of the winterization kit...a couple of small hose clamps will seal the tops off to prevent the rush of coldair up the shafts.

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
of the 12-or-so 5T trucks we had in the last armor BN I was in, only 3 had heaters, only 1 of the heater trucks had a hardtop, and none had winterization kit shifter boots.. o_O .. We were regularly in the field in winter months and slated for deployment to W.Germany, kept in ready reserve status.. They didn't want us to get spoiled, apparently:LOL:

Of all the ones I bought govt-direct, only one has winterization shifter boots, yet it never had a heater.. Better than nothing, I guess. Only one problem with that, I cannot warm my hands over the shifter hole like in the old days :p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks