• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission voltage drop

duanejacques

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just banging my head trying to figure out what would cause the 12v wire to the Transmission Control Module to read 6.7vdc. I've checked and cleaned up the battery posts and 12v connections. With the 2 12v wires that attach to the 12v feed one wire reads 12v and the larger one shows around 6.7vdc. Could it be a corroded wire?

williamh

Just banging my head trying to figure out what would cause the 12v wire to the Transmission Control Module to read 6.7vdc. I've checked and cleaned up the battery posts and 12v connections. With the 2 12v wires that attach to the 12v feed one wire reads 12v and the larger one shows around 6.7vdc. Could it be a corroded wire?
Check under the truck , there is a wire loom that goes to the transmission control box , it could have come loose and rubbed against the drive shaft destroying the harness.

duanejacques

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check under the truck , there is a wire loom that goes to the transmission control box , it could have come loose and rubbed against the drive shaft destroying the harness.
I will definitely check that.
I do have a new exhaust system that the gov must have installed that is mounted too close to the drive shaft. I've noticed a bunch of wire harness issues that seem routed incorrectly and too close to moving and hot parts. They installed a brand new MTP motor and transmission in this 1151A1. It runs great so far.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks