• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trip to a military salvage yard

rdixiemiller

All
I had to make a trip to Evansville Indiana on business. To liven up a boring trip, Desert Rat and I met up and went to a military wrecking yard (Howard Hammonds). Lots of good stuff, scattered over 300 acres.

I was very disappointed about 1 thing. Brent had told me how many ticks I would have to pick off after the trip, I only had 2! Major disappointment! I was hoping for at least 3 hours of parastie removal, got it done in 5 minutes!

Some of the stickiest mud on the North side of Georgia, and we got rained on to boot. We pulled 4 sets of J pipes, a battery door, a spring seat for my co-pilot (Yay!), an instrument panel, a couple of air cleaner indicators, and the stinkinest fuel filter I have ever smelled! I was in my company car (Honda Pilot), and we filled it up. I am going to have to make another trip up in the Winter when the briars are frozen, and the deer flies dead.

The bad news, Howard suffered a stroke on Tuesday, not paralyzed, but doesn't know anyone. Let's hope he recovers, and wish he and his family luck.

Rat Fink-

Post the pics.

Desert Rat

Here they are:
BTW, they're also in the salvage section too.......................

And I had to include a shot of the "Pilot" too.

Note to all, rdixiemiller MADE me put the filter in my big tool box that can be seen in the middle of the pic.. Now it's in my garage stinking up the termite eaten garage. I suspect said termites have vacated the premesis.

I'm also suspecting Robert intentionally BRIBED many termites to hide in my shirt sleeves. Upon removing alleged garmet before entering the shower I got SEVEN nasty little surprises! My skin is still crawling with the memories........

MVtrucker

It only takes one tick to give you Lyme Disease...
Strokes are a real taker. My wife was only forty-four and had one. After seven years at home with me, she now resides in a local nursing home. I pray that Howard recovers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks