• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Troop Seats Blueprints/Plans?

DeuceDad

All, prior to posting this I searched and read threads associated with troop seats and did not see what I am looking for... does anyone have or know where I can find the blueprints or build instructions to make a set of troop seats for my '71 deuce? I found TB9-2320-209-30-4, but it really does not specifically address the fabrication of the entire seats. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The original line drawings are prob out there somewhere....that would give you the specs on spacing, demisions, etc.

If you can't find the line drawings you could just use an existing troop seat as a pattern and make your own drawings.

Hope this helps.

Akicita

My seats have are made from four 3" wide wood, just under 1" thick.
The backrest consists of two boards of the same size.
If you have an M35, you need five channels that fit into the channels on the bed, seven if you have an M36.
Each board is secured with nuts and bolts.
The fold-down "mechanism" is a set of hinges.
Each bench rests on five (seven on M36) fold-down legs made from U-shaped steel. The bottom is rounded so that the legs can slide into position when you put the benches down.

Two bolted on pieces of metal hold the seats "up" when they're not folded down.

The head (the piece by the cab) is made from the same wood. I guess all trucks originally had a cut-out in the second board from the top so that the driver could look out the rear window but I have also seen trucks without that cut-out.

The head and the side panels hook together. I don't have pictures of the hooks and eyes but if you need them, I'll shoot them over to you later.

Considering how much time it takes to build a set, you may want to consider buying a set and refurbishing it to get that "new" look. It may be cheaper, too.

If you want center seats also, you need ankers in the bed. Someone else is going to have to help you with that. I have never had a truck with center seats.

Attachments

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All, prior to posting this I searched and read threads associated with troop seats and did not see what I am looking for... does anyone have or know where I can find the blueprints or build instructions to make a set of troop seats for my '71 deuce? I found TB9-2320-209-30-4, but it really does not specifically address the fabrication of the entire seats. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
I would buy a set of troop seats. Building a set from scratch would be a great deal of work. You can get a set of troop seats for a reasonable price in good condition and cheaper in poor condition ready for refurbishment.

gerrykan

I've got a set sitting in Sparta, Mo.
I would take $150, or you can take measurements off of them.
The headboard has the fiberglass slats, I think the wood on the sideboards is in fair shape, I haven't looked at them in a while.
Phone: Nine eight eight, zero eight two nine.
Roy

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can buy a set alot cheaper than you can make them. Also, can get them w/o wood to ship them too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks