• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Troop seats

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
never seen aluminum. Is it possibly fiberglass? If so, there out there, just gotta search for them.

Warren Lovell

Yes DR, just like those! Whee can I get some? It sure beats the wood side and when they are bolted down, there is no expansion or rot or cracking...etc!

Warren

Desert Rat

Howard has several palats of those just sitting in the sun waiting to get a tan. I think he said $15. I need to check my notes. Yep, $15 for each side and headache rack.

MVtrucker

All I see in the pic is the headboard and two of the short side pieces for the 5-ton drop side. Are the side racks w/troop seats available too?

Desert Rat

Joe,
Yep, they are on other pallets in his yard (behind the photographer with briars growing up between the spaces). He's got about 40 side racks to choose from.

Desert Rat

Howard Hammond is on KY 189 in Greenville, KY. I have no idea about shipping from here. Howard is a cash and carry operation. He's also first come, first served business too. An example of this is the hornet's nest I stirred up with him scrapping the Gama Goats he's had for 20+ years. Now that he's scrapping them one guy from Wisconsin bought two of the best and Steelsoldiers is buying another leaving one still-restorable Goat left for someone before all of them are melted down at the end of June.

Since I have no idea how much the racks weigh I can't give a shipping quote.

Since my money is spent on my education, I can't afford to buy the racks myself.

MVtrucker

At that price, it would pay me to go buy them all! The headbaord and racks, even if
for a standard length 5-ton bed, will drop right into the 12' M-Series deuce bed. You just don't use the little racks shown in the pic. Naturally, I'm not going out there to get them, I'm in a sell mood. Happily, I already have the 'glass racks on my cargo trucks. I bought six like new 5-ton dropside beds from DRMO, a while back and all six sets came with them. Sold some, put the rest on my trucks. The bed buyers didn't want the racks because they were converting M35A2s to dump trucks. 14' bed gives some overhang at the rear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks