• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck inspection ford 6.6

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi guys,

I don't know where else to post this on the site. This is a non-military truck question. I've been trying to do my research without posting here, but ultimately, you guys are the ones I need to hear from.

I need to buy a dump truck under CDL. I've narrowed my search to two trucks. F600 and F700. One has the 6.6 and the other a 5.9 12v cummins. Everything else is just about equal. F700 has a slightly higher GVW.

Everything I've read is that the 6.6 is a better engine in the end. Even the guy selling these trucks agree. That's not what I expected to here. They are 1992-3 vintage.

I'm going to look at them tomorrow, but would like to know your thoughts. Sorry about posting here with a non-military question, but I value your opinion most.

Regards,

Eco

ODw/envy

If you mean ford 6.9L. I had one with more than 400K miles on it. Plumbing truck, farm truck, then my truck. The engine ran like a clock, even after having gas in the tank. (don't ask) Of course the rest of the truck was tring to fall appart around me.

Ryan

emr

They are and have been the backbone of the industry, Both good trucks.... :).. tough call, I think it would be a gut feeling after driving them, one must be a little tighter than the other, I would have to run em thru the gears and feel em before that decision .. good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks