• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck lite LED's no low beam

tage

I bought a pair off EvilBay where the low beam does not work. It doesn't bother me as I see more on the dirt roads, however, am curious if anyone has any ideas as what burnt up inside them? I would blindly assume the low beam LED's burned out. :carnac:

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Headlights have 3 wires...........#16 17 18.
Some that are not headlights but look the same have only 2 wires.

tage

The wires are plugged in correctly, and have tested the output of the three plugs. It's definitely in the headlight unit. All the leds light up, but only with hi beam. They are the three wire units. 16/17/18 are clearly marked so I can confirm they're plugged in correctly...

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ive had 40 pairs in the past, and some only Hi beam worked.
Just have to replace it

tage

Did you check the foot switch ?
I think you said you did. Not much else it could be except the lamp itself.
Just for fun switch the 17 and 18 wire.
BH

Of course

it's 100% the lamp unit. I don't use the vehicle for on road use, and need the extra light on all the dirt roads, fields and what not. So I will never tear them apart to fix low beam issues. Not worth my time.

ikoinu

I might be off here, but a lot of "truck" leds sold on ebay specifically for Humvees are military specific non headlight models with no high/low, just on. Often times they are designated as truck led lights. Is this the case?

tage

maybe you're confusing truck led's with the actual brand name Truck Lite...
Anyways they should be universal application (7inch round), and not only limited to trucks. especially considering they come in 12v vs 24v units. I've seen both listed for sale, and more marketed towards the newer wrangler jeep crowds. Also have to take into account of DOT certified. They must have high/low.

Action

ikoinu is talking about the 7" trucklite lamps that are sold as headlights on epay, but they only have on and off. no high / low / off.

Action

yes, the floodlights. They have been listed on the auction site as "headlights" . I think ikoinu was just telling the OP to check and see if they really are headlights and not the flood lights. That could be a cause for no low beam.

tage

It looks like flood lights have a different pattern then the headlights, also they only have 2 wires (as 98 Golf stated high beam only). I have the genuine headlights; three wire. It's just the low beam doesn't work. Might consider those flood lights as auxiliary lighting if they go down in price...

319cssb

They look like headlights. They fit like headlights. But they only have high beam and off.

And no, they aren't legal for on road use as headlights.
There is some Clown on youtube, who promotes the idea of using flood lights as headlights , SMH.
Yes, they are illegal on the streets.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks