• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck Markings?

saddamsnightmare

October 24th, 2008.

Dear Bull Dog Mack 13:

Thanks to the Honorable Mr. Jones above, I have the image I need, the sign seems to be painted on metal, but I am considering using the fibreglass panels that Rick Larsen uses for the "Convoy Ahead" and "Convoy Follows" signs. All I have to do is an approximate calculation of the size the sign should be to fit the tailgate of the M35A2 and retain proportions. The temptation is to look over the 3ACR video again, as I seem to remember several variations in color and size..... I am considering doing it with white scotchlite lettering on the black background.... to make it more visible at night.... Lately though, the Crazy Texan drivers in their suburbans have been trying to kamikaze the Unimog in the front, even with headlights on in the daytime..... I feel an urge to add reflectorized Swiss and/or UN markings to the Unimog front and rear....
I'll let you know what I come up with ASAP. Oh, Jay, theres a 1975 Pinzgauer 710 (4x4) with new top and 88000KM on it near here $10,000 and a 1962 Haflinger with new top and 21000KM, $5,000. The Pinzgauer would be the way to go if you want speed and economy in a MV. Keep up the good work and have a safe Halloween with the family....

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan rofl

NewWheeler

Texas allows you to use the trucks original markings instead of a license plate. That's what I'm doing and I keep my truck on base. I'd guess that the particular combination of letters and numbers that you chose may attract a little unwanted attention though. Or maybe attention is what you're looking for. If that is the case, then don't be surprised or offended if that attention comes from LEO.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks