• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck surges when warming up?

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stanadyne is what I use in all my diesels, and have no complaints. It’s easy to get from local stores I drive by daily. I had put right at 300k on my older f250 with the 6.0 and had put that in every tank to every other tank at fill up, and when I sold it it still had all the original injectors and fuel pump still running strong. I’m not saying it was because only of the additive, but I’m using it in the newer f350 and all the other diesels on the farm now.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put Opti-Lube XPD in all of my diesel trucks and tractors and my diesel M1030M1 motorcycle. In a test, Opti-Lube outperformed all of the other additives. I've attached a copy of the test results on lubricity for the additives. Some additives, like Marvel Mystery Oil actually decreased lubricity. I previously used MMO until I read the test results.

Attachments

Lostchain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drove the truck again this weekend to warm it up. No surging still.

I am pretty happy about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for this post, I just bought a jug of the Stanadyne to try on my truck, my idle isn’t too terrible, but it definitely hunts a bit when it is cold so I will give it a shot!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks