• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck TITLE

Wolfen

Oregon will not issue me a title for my WC63. I was told, that I needed to give them the old title. The truck, never had a title. The guy I bought it from used it on his farm after he bought it from the ARMY after WWII. He never registered it with the state. He has since died so I can't ask him if has any documentation. Any advice on how to get a TITLE?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Oregon will not issue me a title for my WC63. I was told, that I needed to give them the old title. The truck, never had a title. The guy I bought it from used it on his farm after he bought it from the ARMY after WWII. He never registered it with the state. He has since died so I can't ask him if has any documentation. Any advice on how to get a TITLE?
Maybe your Army Veteran friend and neighbor gave you a bill of sale several years ago?
You know with the serial number on it and a date? Hand written and signed.

You may need to go for a ride to the next county and start fresh rather than dealing with
the person who already told you no...

Wolfen

Maybe your Army Veteran friend and neighbor gave you a bill of sale several years ago?
You know with the serial number on it and a date? Hand written and signed.

You may need to go for a ride to the next county and start fresh rather than dealing with
the person who already told you no...
I may have to.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have a year preference? Title will have a motor serial number not a chassis serial number.

715m29

Its been about 4 years ago but my local DMV let me title a WC52 that never had a tile issued. Once I convinced them that it was not a HUMVEE , I had to have them inspect the frame number, then I had to send a request to surrounding states to verify that vin# was not in use. Once I had proof from Idaho, Washington and California that Vin# was not being used. They issued me a title.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Its been about 4 years ago but my local DMV let me title a WC52 that never had a tile issued. Once I convinced them that it was not a HUMVEE , I had to have them inspect the frame number, then I had to send a request to surrounding states to verify that vin# was not in use. Once I had proof from Idaho, Washington and California that Vin# was not being used. They issued me a title.
Every state is going to be different, but have you tried a different DMV location?
It is possible that the people you are talking to just are "stuck in their ways" and their default answer is no.

What you are doing is no different than if you had built a vehicle from scratch and you needed a title. Is there possibly a "License, Theft, and Weight Enforcement" section of your state highway patrol? Those are the folks in my state that would come to your house or shop to inspect the vehicle and help create titling papers.

Another buzz word you might try with the people who have already said no could be a Bonded Title. The DMV inspectors inspect, verify serials, then ask for a chunk of personal information - and a small sack of cash to create a bond.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks