• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Try to weld in or patch over

ramdough

I have a 6 spots (3 shown in the picture) that I need to patch.

3A202151-E12B-4570-B926-A9BB900ED6F3.jpeg

No one will probably ever see it. Should I try to weld it in (I am not the best at thin metal), or patch over with a small plate and body caulk?

this Is not a show truck.
Thanks!

INFChief

I have a 6 spots (3 shown in the picture) that I need to patch.

View attachment 863630

No one will probably ever see it. Should I try to weld it in (I am not the best at thin metal), or patch over with a small plate and body caulk?

this Is not a show truck.
Thanks!
Tap them flat then tack weld a small piece of filler. That, or simply put a patch over the whole thing - rivet in place.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If possible weld it. If welding is no good then I would go with Gorilla hair filler as it bridges gaps well and resists cracking. Easy fix.

Mark

american_flag.gif

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ramdough if it were mine and because they are pretty ugly looking, looked like bolts that pulled through? I would pound them flat with hammer on both sides and cut steel patches and weld them in place then grind them flat and coat the patches with a light coat of bondo then sand and paint. My feeling is if your going to put the effort into it then do it correctly, only my opinion.

Captaincarrier

Ramdough if it were mine and because they are pretty ugly looking, looked like bolts that pulled through? I would pound them flat with hammer on both sides and cut steel patches and weld them in place then grind them flat and coat the patches with a light coat of bondo then sand and paint. My feeling is if your going to put the effort into it then do it correctly, only my opinion.

X2

I use clear plastic wrap (from the kitchen drawer) outline the problem area and cut my fill pieces. Tack weld, flair it in, sand it out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks