• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trying to confirm location in bavaria. (Solved ! TY !)

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2nd Constabulary Brigade in Bavaria in 1947 ..

My father worked out of the DTO (distict transport office) outside Munchen at the former Wehrmacht Saar Kaserne (later, Jensen barracks) , as well as at the RTO (regional transport office) established at Garmisch near the southern "Frontier" area of jurisdiction.

I cannot determine where the below pics were taken .. I cannot seem to find online pics showing the original wehrmacht motor pool facilities at Saar (munchen), nor ones at Jager (garmisch) .. But due to the apparent lack of very-high mountains in background (although it could be unseen because of pic quality) , I am gonna guess these pics are at the Saar Kaserne adjacent Munchen ..

Bumper numbers: USFCB means "US Forces Continental Base"... I found conflicting online organizational info about the "9TRG" ... Could be 9th Transportation Regt or could be 9th Traffic Regt.. It's one or the other...

20240223_160537.jpg

Below: note the interesting front fender flare / reinforcement effort

20240223_160521.jpg

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
The doors on the buildings, did not change until the late 80's maybe early 90's. This style door was nuke proof. You could almost always fix it. Will start looking . Have you looked at the web page "Third Reich in Ruins"? I know the guy who is the owner. He was an LAR over here for years. He has pictures from everyplace.

Guyfang

Staff member
Geoff Walden is the guy who owns Third Reich in Ruins. This is a link:
Jägerkaserne, Now days Sheridan Kaserne:

Go to this link. Where it says Sixt Rent a car, is where the old motor pool was located.

The Kaserne is where the big US Army hotel is, and the George C. Marshal Center is. I hope to be in the hotel on my birthday next month. If so, will try and take a picture.

1708989492568.png
This might be a picture of the Kaserne back in the day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks