• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trying to Determine Year Deuce was Built

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi,

My ID plate is almost blank. I've been trying to read it for days. I can see some letters under bright light. Where the manufacturer info is located, there is what looks to be a square symbol with an A in it. Then I'm sure it says General Products Division. I think I can read Jeep under that.

Here's the number in the identification area:

04G-08071 (this is stamped) then: 0539 (printed on plate) then: 11278 (stamped)

04G-08071 0539 11278

Number on frame next to steering gear: 0539 11278

Is there any information that can be taken from these numbers?

There is a number on the back of the data plate as well 10896888.

Take Care,

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 0539 usually denoted the configuration. I have a list but can't find it right now. Example, 0524 is for the tractor configuraton. Still searching.

houdel

0539 is the prefix for a M35A2 w/w. 11278 is the serial number for the manufacturer for the particular year your truck was made.

I have the same problem, my data plate has the prefix and serial number but no model year. Try the main office of your state's DMV/DOT/SOS or whatever agency that handles titleing. When you title your vehicle they usually compare your VIN to the manufacturer's production records to make sure the vehicle matches what the manufacturer says they built, so they may be able to provide the model year.