• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbine oil

FrankUSMC

Has any one or can I use "Turbine Oil" (made by Royco) in the M35A2? It is also called "Lubricating oil helicopter transmission". Also, what should I mix it to with the diesel?
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.

chuck500cc

It is fairly corrosive, if I remeber correctly. Don't know what it will do to cylinders and such. I know the TM's for the AH-1Z and UH-1Y say to keep it off as much stuff as possible because of those properties.

5tonpuller

I used synthetic air craft piston oil once WOW talk about run. Really hard to get. At least for me anyway.
If I can get a drum of it but im sure it will cost.

sprucemt

Lubricating oil, helicopter transmission and gas turbine.. NSN 9150-01-209-2684.
DOD-L-85734 (AS). 1 Quart can. ROYCO Turbine Oil, 555. New surplus.
ROYCO 555 is an advanced 5 centistoke synthetic lubricating oil for
gas turbine engines and helicopter transmissions. The product is a
blend of hindered polyol esters and a finely balanced
modern technology additive package resulting in enhanced load carrying
performance, anti-wear, corrosion protection, and excellent thermal
- oxidative stability.

beaubeau

I often use Transmission oil in my diesels. I use Type F for a good Injector cleaner. This Turbo oil sounds like it is simuilar. Mix with diesel , maybe a couple quarts to a tank. It can't be too bad if they use it in Helis. Phil Just keep it CLEAN!!