• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turbo question

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the OD Green Iron Addiction Support Group.:cookoo:

You are sooooooooo screwed.auaaua

Since nobody mentioned it the turbo will not give you any more power...they were installed to keep down the smoke (thank you EPA).

I have a non-turbo in my M-275 tractor and it pulls fine......if I ever do any modification to it I will just swap in an LDS-465 for the extra HP.

Ref the whistler......it is a love/hate thing.......you either enjoy the noise or you don't.
I personally love it and wish both my cargo trucks had them (only one does).

You can hear them coming a mile away.

I wear hearing protectors when I drive so the whine is just a faint background noise.

I would advise wearing hearing protection unless your truck has a heavy duty muffler on it.

jwaller

Since nobody mentioned it the turbo will not give you any more power...they were installed to keep down the smoke (thank you EPA).

while this may be true in stock form, when you turn up the fuel thus the boost you do gain a lot of power.

I run about 20psi of boost in my multifuel and if you believe the 1psi is 10hp rule then I have gained a lot. I don't think I've added 200hp but I bet it's at least 100 or more.

when other guys in the local mv club drive or ride with me they are always impressed with the speed of my truck and wonder why theirs are so slow. when I move away from a light it's as quick as any normal car leaving the light.

tiger422

while this may be true in stock form, when you turn up the fuel thus the boost you do gain a lot of power.

I run about 20psi of boost in my multifuel and if you believe the 1psi is 10hp rule then I have gained a lot. I don't think I've added 200hp but I bet it's at least 100 or more.

when other guys in the local mv club drive or ride with me they are always impressed with the speed of my truck and wonder why theirs are so slow. when I move away from a light it's as quick as any normal car leaving the light.
Any blown head gaskets? That is 2x stock boost.

Jim

wb1895

Leave it a non-turbo!!!!! My m35 is a non-turbo and I LOVE IT!!!!!!! I dont have to worry about people tail gating me, I just shift into 5th gear and let the motor bog down. LOTS of black smoke and no more tail gaiters :p:p

seriously, I would leave it alone. The turbo really doesnt give you any more power, it just cleans up the smoke. I think the non-turbo trucks will be worth a little more in the long run, because they were able to avoid the MWO's. Just my .02

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
MWO stands for modification work order. I don't know WHY someone would want less mwos on their truck, they are just updates. The guys that think a turbo doesn't add power obviously have their opinions too. Its your truck, build it how YOU want it.

EO2NMCB

I'm on the same page as WB1895, I never could see spending the extra money to put a turbo on mine. Try driving yours for a while, then make the choice.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While it is true that the military added the turbo to clean up the smoke and not to increase hp, a turbo lets you turn the fuel up for more hp. The non-turbo trucks are already overfueled (that's why they smoke so much). The turbo just gives you more options if you want to mod your truck for more power.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe, when you double post, you can go back and edit or delete your post. It's your responsibility to manage your posts. If a moderator needs to manage it, the end result may not be what you had in mind.