• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn over but not start?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am almost willing to bet that some of the trucks listed as will not start are actually in better shape than the ones listed as "RUNS" One of the runners has the paint all burned off of the hood like an engine fire and no pictures inside the engine compartment.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With my deuce, it will turn over, but if you dont either give it a bit of gas, or pull out the throttle cable a bit, it wants to stall until she gets going for 30-45 seconds... Perhaps the same thing????????????

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Want to hear a real hoot? At Fort Benning, Georgia they are driving 2 1/2 tons and 5-tons into the woods in training areas, removing the batteries and leaving them to rot and be vandalized! Not one or two - lots of them! It makes me ill.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Our little veterans group has tried everything to save these vehicles as well as other WWII vehicles. There is a band of small minded civilian nabobs in charge of everything on Fort Benning. They would rather see these vehicles rot into the ground than see them displayed for the community to enjoy. We are just hoping the nabob life cycle is short

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Roger that Blood. We have contacted some folks who are looking into things. We don't want to get anyone "fried" but we fully intend to save some of the "steel soldiers" for the folks who follow us to enjoy.
Things are starting to "loosen up" and we haven't had to fire a round yet. (We have however assembled some pretty heavy support in case they are needed).
Wish us luck - we are on a mission to honor our Veterans and Armed Forces Folks - and we won't be stopped!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
papabear said:
Roger that Blood. We have contacted some folks who are looking into things. We don't want to get anyone "fried" but we fully intend to save some of the "steel soldiers" for the folks who follow us to enjoy.
Things are starting to "loosen up" and we haven't had to fire a round yet. (We have however assembled some pretty heavy support in case they are needed).
Wish us luck - we are on a mission to honor our Veterans and Armed Forces Folks - and we won't be stopped!

THE NATION WHICH FORGETS ITS DEFENDERS - WILL ITSELF BE FORGOTTEN

oilcan

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
When an M818 is listed as will turn over but will not start do you think they really tried?
Cabell's 5t dump wouldn't start because it had a really nasty fuel filter. Just something to think about...

rwelker

When I bought my M810 the guys at the lot from GL tried to start it for me w/o luck. I got it hauled home and worked quite awhile w/o luck. It turned out that the cable fuel shutoff had been pulled and then pushed in. Turns out you need to manually reset the shutoff at the pump. My zero experience with the 800 series at that point did not help. My bets are most GL guys either are not aware of this or don't take the time to lift the hood and check. After all, they don't have alot of time to mess with them. One of the guys at Mechanicsburg who I know very well told me "I get in them and try to start them, that's all. To further describe them is more than I have time for and that way they are all described to the same standard" My bets are most of them run unless the block has been vented from inside. I look at the exhaust stack for recent soot and the belt pulleys to see if they are shiney or rusty. If there is soot and shiney pullies they have at least run recently. How well they run is another story. Rick