• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signal/wiper stalk replacement alternatives?

45nrth

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has found a solution to the aging turn signal stalk. My new to me M1088 wipers went up and got stuck in the up position and jitters back and forth a little bit but won’t go back down even with manual help pulling the wipers down. I’ve read that the stalk is often a culprit. It’s quite sticky and difficult to switch on so I think there might be some dirt causing plastic wear in addition to the contacts needing cleaning. I’ve also read that there are a lot of little parts and taking it apart can be time consuming compared to land cruiser stalks I’ve rebuilt before. A used stalk seems to run 500-700 which seems outrageous for something likely to fail when a new stalk for a big rig can run $50-80 and would be more reliable.