• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn Up The Boost?

JRBAMATEX

Why would one want to turn up the boost on their LDT465 and if there were a good reason how would one (I) go about it? My first diesel is my deuce and I really don't know much about diesels.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One word, "Power". Heres a little info on the subject.
This can add a LOT of power if done correctly.
Do NOT do this without a exhaust pyrometer and boost gauge. you can
easily melt the pistons. I know that this can add at least 50 hp
from stock settings. Use this information cautiously and only with exhaust temp gauge! Remove the two bolts on the front of the fuel compensator. they hold a metal cover in place. Under this cover is the main fuel rate
adjustment. You will need to make a very thin open end wrench to hold
the inner most nut ( this is the adjusting nut ) the outer nut is the
lock nut. After loosening the lock nut just a little turn the adjusting
nut clockwise (top away from engine). You may want to go as much as 1
turn if you are feeling real brave at first, whatever you do, don't allow the shaft to turn. Lock it back down and drive the truck. At 2300 rpm, full throttle using the brake to maintain rpm. It should make about 13 psi at intake manifold (the little 1/8 pipe plug on top) This should make about 1050-1100 f exhaust temp. Any more than this
will start to be dangerous unless you have some spare engines and time
to put them in. With all this said, please proceed at our own risk.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks