• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turning green!

67Beast

Well I painted the cab and front half of the frame yesturday evening. Once it cures I start to remount the fenders and hood and things. I'll be cutting things tight for my Thanksgiving deadline but I should make it. Hopefully the new bed comes back from the sand blaster in the next few days so that I can get it painted and mounted.

Low-Tech-Redneck

When we took the fender off ours to replace it with a non-dented one, it was a two man job just because of weight, the fender itself is held on with just a few bolts, but remember that the headlight on that side of the truck and the "window' piece around it are part of the fender, so when you take it off, make sure your lights and electricals are disconnected, and you should have no problems.

Look in the pictures above, see the flat panel just behind the bumper? The fender fronts rest on those, there's a tiny rubber gasket there as well to try and dampen the vibration a bit.

Opie

That looks so SWEET! Once I get my sister-in-law married in ten days (wouldn't a crew cab deuce be a super limo?) and help put wyattearp's new engine in place I've gotta get in gear to do some painting!

67Beast

red devils dude said:
hey how hard is it to pull the fenders?
Depends on how rusted the bolts are. All the ones along the cab came out easy, the ones on the front that have the springs on them didn't want to come off. So since I was replacing the fenders I just cut through the bolts with a torch. Like LTR said the rest of the pain is unbolting the rest of the stuff still attached to the front.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try this! I pull the 4 bolts and that whole support on the front that mounts to the frame. I find it easier!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks