• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Two bio diesel production units - one in a trailer

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Bjorn,
I saw this article in the Feb/Mar 2006 issue of "Mother Earth News", pg 65 and it made me think of you. A biodiesel processor set up in a trailer. Geez, you could stop in little towns along the way, gather up whatever WVO you could find, stop for the night and process it...

Or, if you got MEGABUCKS, these guys produce a 'commercial grade' all in one processor. And it's made of stainless steel - OOOOHHH!!!

http://www.bioprobiodiesel.com/index.html

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy mackerel! Hauling all that around.
If one wanted to be on the road indefinelty, I would think that a "conversion" to straight VO would be in order, just filter the oil and use it...

mangus580

Actually Bjorn, you could make a setup pretty simple/small to carry on the road. Basically set up a processor like the appleseed, only heat it with engine coolant, like your fuel tank :) size of one water heater....

This picture does look a little insane... ;-)

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The article LOOKS like it will be informative. BUT I'm hoarding this months Mother Earth News AND MV magazine until the wife goes out of town at the end of the month for two weeks work in Las Vegas.

That way, while she's gone, I have something to read. I know, too weird.

carguy455

Easy Bio D

Guys,
I saw an easier setup on TLC last weekend on the speed shows, plastic, motorized blending, looked more portible than that setup. I think it was from "freedom fuels" ...just google it. We are considering buy or making one, I have been more fascinated with the Hydrogen powered info lately but bio diesel is definetley a vialble option, math they did figured to 70 cents a gallon, even if it went wide to a buck a gallon, still cheap compareed to diesel from the pump...and you get to smell like McDonalds to boot !

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
carguy455,

It was on TRUCKS!TV and Stacey David had a diesel pickup truck.

DON'T BUY the one from Freedom fuels, or any other manufacturer unless you just aren't handy AT ALL. The FF one costs about $3000 +, depending on how much you want to produce at a time.

Here's the link to one YOU can produce yourself for about $400. And that's if you go out and pay $200 for a NEW hot water heater.

http://www.biodieselcommunity.org/appleseedprocessor/

FINALLY, go out and get the February/March 2006 issue of "Mother Earth News" as they have an EXCELLENT article on HOW to produce biodiesel.

Here is a biodiesel chat room with lots of helpful info:

http://forums.biodieselnow.com/default.asp

Unless you just GOTTA spend that money on Freedom Fuels stuff, consider a do it yourself. Also, Cranetruck has a relatively long thread going. Do a search on bio-diesel and it should pop right up. About six or seven pages last time I read it.

Hope this helps. jim

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And I'm SURE that someone here has already posted this, but here goes.

IF you guys haven't gotten the Feb 2006 Military Vehicles magazine, Bjorn's Biodiesel article has been published!!

EXCELLENT ARTICLE. Though if you kept up here to the thread by Bjorn (Cranetruck), he's posted some excerpts. And a couple of pictures.

WAY TO GO BJORN!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks